22 March 2013

Cara Delevigne: absence makes the heart grow fonder

Her trademark "goofy" faces have rocketed her to online fame - as have her relations with the likes of Rita Ora - but her attempt at becoming not the straight-faced model is so drastically the other end of the scale, it puts her completely out of the bounds of "normality".


On the one hand she's crazy and unrelatable because who can copy this?

On the other hand she's an elite supermodel with job offers flooding in by the dozen. All the main shows at fashion weeks, H&M, Burberry.

I like her. I think she's coping really well with such pressure. Being (gulp) only six months older than me, she's accomplished more with more of a level head than I can ever hope to achieve. I cannot do anything but commend her.

Except, for me, she's become the Emile Sande of fashion. She's on tv, in magazines, I can't click a link without her being somewhere on the page and as great as she is and as much as I want her to high-five me and share a Desperado with - if she was to turn up in my local bar I would not only be not-surprised but a little pissed off.

We need a break Cara. I love you and that's why you have to leave.


No comments: