11 January 2016

Naught to sixty. Or ten.


In a plan to tackle my 2016 goals, I'm going to take you on a journey. A 10k journey.

I am writing this as a promise to myself. And that promise means several things:

  1. When I am old I would like to recall tales of battling the elements to my grandchildren, tell them how I would run through anything just to get some weekly exercise.
  2. As part of my new life, fitness is key. It's a key part of my job and will become a key part of my personal development. Fitter people get ahead. And probably boyfriends too.
  3. It's a physical thang. My jeans don't fit, I refuse to buy clothes a size up, and last time I checked I was considerably heavier than at my peak of fitness last year.

So, ultimately, I need to put down the beer and burgers and pick up some weights. Or, better than that, strap on some Nikes and Just Do It.

Today, I join a gym.
Today, I lose junk food.
Today, I stop making excuses and start making progress. 


(Wish me luck.)

No comments: